Friday, October 3, 2014

Challenge...Accepted!

For at least the past two years, I've seen people participating in posting something they are thankful/grateful for each day for the month of November on Facebook. Last year, I participated and it made me struggle to pick one item each day. Since then, however, I have been in a personal challenge/battle with Facebook. I will not go into that here and now, that's quite a story.

I want those close and important to me to know what is making me happy daily, what I am feeling particularly thankful for, and what is still a struggle. I'd like to use this as a place for that...with the occasional other post here or there. My goal: 3 things each day that made me thankful, grateful, happy OR how a previously unhappy/ungrateful situation turned around.

So, 3 things that made me happy or thankful today...

  1. I saw this post on the Today Show's Facebook page about an elephant baby who fell over. Needless to say, at the end of it, I was in tears. I LOVE elephants and this was so heartwarming to see the care and compassion they can show.
  2. I saw an email that I missed from my mother-in-law and responded immediately...and honestly. Her reply brought tears again. It was so warm and heartfelt and full of LOVE! I am the luckiest gal in the world to have such amazing family - either through blood, marriage, or the ones I hand-picked. They listen when you have a concern, when you are happy, but most importantly, they listen when you are at your wits end and perhaps overly honest.
  3. I am grateful that I am able to take the time this summer and fall to rest and recuperate from my past and focus on my future and what is right for not only me, but my little family. 

Thanks for listening,

L

No comments:

Post a Comment